Planning a vacation is hard work, you have to figure out where you want to go and when you want to go there and find a place to stay. Let us make it easy with these 10 reasons to visit Lake Tahoe in the spring and visit our vacation rental listings to find the perfect place to rest your head.
- The first and probably most important reason to visit Lake Tahoe in the spring is the lodging rates are low, most rates drop to almost half of what they are during summer or winter. Click here to see our vacation rental rates now!
- Is also a huge draw, spring skiing. There is still plenty of well-groomed snow to enjoy at most of the resorts around the lake. There are far fewer people on the hill and the lift tickets go down in price as well.
- The days are getting warmer, so ski in the morning and in the afternoon take advantage of the many hiking trails to be found near a natural waterfall. With the melting snow, the falls at Emerald Bay or Cascade Lake are quite the sight to see.
- Fun Events! 37th annual Snowfest is a yearly celebration in Tahoe City, you guessed it it’s all about snow. Guests can enjoy a parade, polar bear swim, broomball tournament, The Great Ski race, dining, music and much more! Check out Tahoe Weekly for more events.
- This year with the sad lack of snow comes the unique opportunity to explore the outdoors hiking, biking, kayaking and paddle boarding are great ways to see what Tahoe has to offer.